Like many people I enjoy reading, from books, articles, blogs, and most recently tweets (although I am very selective of who I follow). I like following influencers who bring about positive change. I believe that 140 characters can effect change in people, good or bad. It always depends on the person reading the tweet.
Recently I started reading books from modern women who speak words of greatness, entrepreneurship, and inclusivity. One thing I noticed is that each of these beautiful authors quote female influencers such as Maya Angelou, Eleanor Roosevelt, Mother Theresa, Princess Diana, Michelle Obama, Margaret Thatcher, Hillary Clinton, Indira Gandhi, Malala Yousafzai, Ava Duvernay, J. K. Rowling, Emma Watson and of course the Queen Oprah Winfrey 🙂
Today, I give homage to these fine human beings whose words have made a difference but, more importantly, their lives have made an impact in women’s lives. Regardless of what we think about some of them they are important figures in breaking the glass ceiling for the future leaders of not just the nation, but the world.
- Ava Duvernay (Director of the Documentary 13th)
- Princess Diana (Princess of Wales 1981 to 1997)
- Eleanor Roosevelt (Former First Lady of the United States)
- Emma Watson (Actor and UN Ambassador for Gender Equality)
- Hillary Clinton (Former Secretary of State and First Lady of the United States)
- Indira Gandhi (Prime Minister of India 1966 to 1977 and 1980 to 1984)
- J.K. Rowling (Author)
- Malala Yousafzai (Activist for Youth Education)
- Margaret Thatcher (Prime Minister of Britain 1979 to 1990)
- Maya Angelou (American Poet, Memoirist, and Activist)
- Michelle Obama (Former First Lady of the United States)
- Mother Theresa (Missionary)
- Oprah Winfrey (Talk Show Host and Philanthropist)