It is five days after we stuffed ourselves with wonderful food (both healthy and happy food) and enjoyed the company of friends and family. If you are like many people, Black Friday is also a big event. After Thanksgiving and Black Friday, the weekend is unfortunately coming to a close. Most of us are probably saying “we need vacation from our vacation”. We feel like Monday is creeping in like a ghost and before we know it another hectic week is starting. This blog, however, is not about hating Monday. So let’s see the beauty of the Monday after Thanksgiving and celebrate them, no matter how little!
- Leftovers – No need to worry about making lunch or come up with new recipes for the next few days. The wonderful food served last Thanksgiving will bring out the Julia Child in you.
- Cyber Monday – I am NOT fond of going to the mall and if you’re like me, online shopping is your (best) friend.
“Cyber Monday” was created by marketing companies to persuade people to shop online. The term was coined by Ellen Davis and made its debut on November 28, 2005 in a Shop.org press release entitled “‘Cyber Monday’ Quickly Becoming One of the Biggest Online Shopping Days of the Year” (credit Wikipedia).
I have been an avid Amazon and Fabletics shopper. If you haven’t shopped with Fabletics I highly recommend it, the best athleisure wear ever!
- Fitness Motivation – After a weekend of gorging and food comas, Monday is when we feel the urge to run or hit the gym. Play those heart pumping tunes and start sweating out those calories. Here is my Spotify playlist that I hope will wake the warrior in you.
- Christmas Countdown – 28 days until Christmas!!!
- What are you thankful for? We all live in different circumstances and have many things we can be thankful for, whether you agree with my list or not let’s spend this
gruelinggreat Monday with gratitude in mind.